Wednesday, October 01, 2008

I Feel Like I Have Been Punched in the Eye

Which I kind of have. With a laser.

Not, however, a laser wielded by some interesting character in a sci-fi novel. By an eye doctor.

When I was at the eye doctor last week, he found a little tear in my retina. In the interest of keeping it from becoming a big tear in my retina, which could lead to a detached retina (and that just sounds bad), he proposed to "tack" down around it with the laser. Fun, right?

I would rate it as not quite as bad as the annual visit to the gynecologist, which is just about as miserable an experience as I ever hope to encounter*, but pretty close at the end. It got hard to sit still and take it, at the end. My eye feels sore and warm and what-happened, and it's still dilated two hours later, which I am ready to be done with. Though it isn't as bad as having both eyes dilated ... like last week.

*And you have to make yourself go, every year, and then they charge you for it! Talk about adding insult to injury. Being a responsible adult truly sucks sometimes.

Gosh, great day! For example, I just heard that NESN will, in fact, be showing another preseason Bruins game. Yay, right? Well, except that the game starts this Saturday at 4, otherwise known as the exact time I will be leaving my house for evening plans. Now, I recognize it isn't NESN's fault that I have plans that conflict with the game ... but could they show tonight's game, in freakin' Montreal? Apparently not. (Because the Sainted Red Sox are playing. Not that I'm bitter.)

Here's the thing. With all the crap going on in my life right now, my fuse is a lot shorter than usual (and usual is pretty darn short, I admit). Stupid little nothings drive me insane right now. I lose my temper much too easily right now.

So here's what I need. I need October to be better than September* was. Are you listening, October? I want you to promise.

*And by September, I'm really referring to the period from August 18th through yesterday.

Because October loves me.

October will be better! I am Visualizing it! It will happen! It's my birthday, and I'll be delusionally optimistic if I want to!

I will get a new job in October.

Pan will start eating again, for the love of god cat stop messing with me.

I will visit my grandmother for Apple Festival and find that she's recovering from her broken knee tremendously well.

All the other things I'm worried about will improve, or at least not get worse.

In October. Yes. It will all be better in October.

I have spoken.

P.S. Knitting tomorrow. Wait til you see the flowers!

1 comment:

  1. Oi.. I know eye intrusions suck, my sister had surgery on both eyes for retinas/corneas/I don't know what else.

    ReplyDelete