Thursday, October 23, 2008

Some Things Do Not Mix; or, Get Off My Ice

So, I'm a hockey fan, yes? Yes. Specifically a Bruins fan, but I'd choose to watch hockey over any other sport.

I'm not a fan of politics, West Wing excepted, particularly since the presidential politicking goes on for roughly two years before the election. I could probably focus on about six weeks of the stuff, but unfortunately I lose interest waaaay before they get serious. By now, political talk makes me want to vomit. (Interesting side note: my aunt used to say that just the sound of George W. Bush's voice made her feel the same way!)

It therefore makes sense to me, given these two facts, that I don't particularly want to see the two mix, and this year, well, here we are. (If I was a hockey mom, I would be sporting one of the Hockey Mom for Obama bumper stickers.) Sarah Palin is going to drop the puck at her second NHL game, and I'm with these guys, leave us alone already. We just want to watch the game.

But this story? I'm starting to think the woman is insane. I know that naming one's children is a topic on which there are many opinions, and I guess I do believe that parents have the right to name their kids what they want (though I reserve the counter-right to mock them in my head). Because, is she serious?

Palin said if she and husband Todd had had a sixth child, they had already picked a name for a boy joining siblings Track, Bristol, Willow, Piper and Trig.

"I always wanted a son named Zamboni," she said.

I just... I'm just shaking my head. The Zamboni is quite an invention, but ... Zamboni Palin? Seriously?

2 comments:

  1. But think if the nice gloss it could give to the lake outside their house; it would be like a shimmering diamond - just like the air inside SP's head!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mrs. J wonders how unusual these names are in Alaska. It will be interesting to see what the Sarah's daughter names her baby. mdj

    ReplyDelete