Sunday, October 05, 2008

Sunday, Lovely Sunday

Wow, where to start? Things are looking up so much today, it's almost daunting to describe. But I shall remain undaunted!

Pan has continued to eat throughout the day. This afternoon, I offered him a Pill Pocket, his former friend that he scorned of late, and he ate it right up. Ahhh. The little sweetheart. He's also been sleeping deeply today, making me realize that while he's been resting a lot lately, it was not so much sleeping. He slept on my lap a couple of times today, for probably 2-3 hours altogether. I smiled at him fatuously.

Face against his soft thing, aka what I thought was going to be my fleecey jacket.

And watched Animal Planet. I like watching Animal Cops and Animal Precinct, with a cat around to remind me of happy endings, but the last few weeks, I couldn't handle. Today, we're back in business.

Last night, I had dinner with a few friends, to celebrate my birthday, and it was a lovely evening even before I came home to a cat who would eat again. We had a yummy lasagna, with salad and bread (note to my mother: it tasted like Purity bread!), and then a special dessert:


Chocolate mousse cake, with hazelnut shortbread crust, and chocolate ganache.

And they sent the leftovers home with me. Oh, yes, they did. And I didn't even try to politely decline. Nope.

Two of my friends gave me flowers, which went together beautifully, though flower arranging is not my best thing.



Speaking of flowers, I did finish the ones I was knitting for Grandma. Eight altogether:


I'm pleased with the way they turned out, and they were fun to make, too. And hopefully she'll like them!

In other, really exciting knitting news, my mother, my darling, delightful, thoughtful mother, sent this for my birthday:


My very own swift and ball winder. I called her as soon as I finished winding, to let her hear the first rush of my enthusiasm, because heavens, it was so easy! It worked like a charm! I love this thing!

On the left, the sock yarn that I wound by hand, at stitch and bitch the other week, getting terribly tangled just at the end, and taking much deep breathing to remain calm during the untangling and unknotting. On the right, the fantastically neat and tidy yarn cupcake that was perfectly done in under five minutes.


Amazing. What will they think of next?

Oh, and by the way? The Bruins won their game today. It wasn't on TV (of course), but the radio stepped up for me. Go, WBZ! Go, Bruins in the shootout! Woo-hoo!

Now this is unrelated to anything, just to say what is the world coming to, and how the Globe has fallen, and other doom-and-gloom that is quite out of place in the tone of this entry. But I have to say it anyway. Do you see the error in this?


How about now?


What's that, Globe? Plumbling? I guess you could have laid off all the proofreaders, but doesn't anyone even run spell-check anymore?

And a final shot of Pan, just because.


He's eating again. And that is the best present I could ever get.

Although the swift and ball winder is a very close second.

1 comment:

  1. Happy Belated Birthday! That cake looks delish.

    I spotted the error right away. It's a gift and a curse!

    ReplyDelete