Tuesday, April 19, 2022

Still Ow

Here's what annoys me--ha, ha, like there is only one thing that annoys me! Are you new here, to believe that? Well, this is the thing that is currently annoying me the most.

I got the second covid booster, and just like before (both the second shot and the first booster), the lymph nodes on that side are swollen and tender, so it's really uncomfortable. Googling it tells me that it's a normal reaction, it's nothing to worry about, it means my immune system is reacting to the shot and that's what we want! It's like the immune system is yelling, Fire drill! Fire drill! Places, everyone!

However. It also says that if you don't have such symptoms, don't worry, it doesn't mean that your immune system isn't registering the vaccine, it's just not showing that exact effect for you.

So why do I have to have the ouch reaction, if that's the case? 

It's worth it for the protection, but owwww.

Also: if the ibuprofen is actually helping with the inflammation, then without it, I would look like I had a grapefruit under my arm.

3 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry the booster is bugging you so much! I, too, had a strong reaction to the vaccine and the first booster and I totally understand feeling like why does MY immune system need to be so melodramatic?!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you got the protection from the virus but I'm sorry it's being such a pill about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you got the booster but OUCH. That sounds painful!

    ReplyDelete