Sunday, November 28, 2021

Apres le booster

Just to report back that I'm doing fine after getting my covid booster. I got the shot Friday night, and my arm was sore shortly thereafter, but less so by Saturday night than it had been in the morning. At the same time, my underarm/lymph node area became sore and tender, and is more so today, which happened last time, too, and does not worry me. There goes my immune system, practicing what to do if the virus finds me! Come on, little immune system, be ready! Go go go!

Ahem. I might be a little excited. I can't fully express how grateful I am that scientists had been working on the mRNA vaccine technology for years before covid came along, so that they could make these vaccines happen so fast. If we'd had to stay in and do nothing for years, I would have lost my mind. I'm still being careful, but largely so that if I get infected, I don't give it to anyone who can't get vaccinated; they're the ones I worry for. 

For me, as my doctor said recently, if I get it now, it's most likely to be an inconvenience, nothing more. Vaccinated, I am far less likely to get sick; far less likely to get seriously ill; far less likely to be in intensive care or need a ventilator; far less likely to die. A sore arm and tender lymph nodes are nothing compared to all those things.

If you can get vaccinated, please do.

3 comments:

  1. My experience as one of the early covid cases was that there was this one morning where I knew if I exerted myself to do a single thing other than to breathe, I would have been out. How out I dared not think. I had zero, absolute zero left for anything except to hold onto my life and will my body to survive while I prayed hard.

    I spent a year feeling slow in my thinking, deprived in energy in thought and body but grateful to be alive.

    And then I got my first Moderna shot.

    A week later I had to drive my husband three hours away to get his first shot, because that's what you had to do back then after hunting hunting hunting for any appointment anywhere. He had to work from the car, I had to be at the wheel.

    It was exhilarating to find my brain fog gone and my energy back! My old life, hey, I remember you! WOW! And I realized that that had been growing ever since that shot.

    Now, people don't have to go through all that, they don't have to have the guilt of putting someone else through all that, they can just go get immunized against the worst virus of our day and be done with it. That is a gift from the God who loves us and doesn't want us to suffer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My booster appointment is two weeks or and I can't wait! Congrats on getting yours - you're basically a superhero now!

    ReplyDelete