Tuesday, April 26, 2022

Oh, Um, Hi There! (Plus, Eyes)

Yeah, everything's fine here, just got busy and blogging fell farther down the list. I've been:

  • Working, as usual; I finally got to do a report in Word, after weeks of powerpoints, so that was oddly nice!
  • Recovering from my second booster; it was pretty annoying last Tuesday/Wednesday, then started to improve after that, and I'm back to (what passes for) normal now
  • Doing my usual round-the-house tasks, plus things that Mom would be doing if her right arm worked normally (what are we having for dinner, and is it time for a grocery run?) (And can I get you an ice pack? a drink? anything? please let me do that heavy thing)
  • Trying to keep Mom from overdoing it, as the pleasure of her (slow) recovery from the shoulder replacement means she can forget that her right arm doesn't work normally 
  • Getting ready for a friend's visit, which is exciting! I'm looking forward to it! But it does mean things like making room for the airbed in my office/craft room, as well as some closet and drawer room, and tidying generally.

I don't know, it doesn't seem like a whole lot there, but it's certainly taking a lot of time and energy. My friend gets here Thursday, so I may not be back here again until after she leaves, but I didn't want anyone worrying. Fine, busy, tired: lather, rinse, repeat.

Oh, wait, one exciting thing! Know what this is?


A couple of years ago, when I wanted to try multifocal contact lenses, there was one (yes: one) brand that made them in my prescription. (My eyes are very bad, and the contacts I wear are -10.5 and -11.5.) I tried them, of course, and unfortunately found them too uncomfortable to wear. Like little pieces of sandpaper on my eyes! 

But at my eye check this year, instead of them saying that was still the only option, they found that these now come in my strength! They got me trial ones, I put them in today, and ... they're perfectly comfortable? And improve my vision to where, though I won't be throwing the readers away, I don't need them for EVERYthing? It's early, but this feels very promising. Fingers crossed.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, how wonderful! Enjoy! One of my kids had a cataract out at the ripe old age of seven, and wearing a contact was at the time the only option--surgical lens implants caused glaucoma in 100% of kids then. That single contact was so strong and such an issue, and, yeah. Glad you have options now!

    ReplyDelete