Friday, February 25, 2022

Girls Trip!

Preface: There is so much terrible shit happening in the world right now. Russia attacking Ukraine, Texas and what the governor wants to do to trans kids, banning books, limiting free speech, voter suppression ... I'm not writing about it today because if I think about it too much, I can feel myself start to spiral downward, and it's hard to look for the helpers. Just a reminder that the parts of themselves that people put online are not their whole selves. 

What a week it's been! I'm wiped out. And I leave on Sunday for my three-hour tour three-day girls trip! Time to get cracking and get packing!

Tomorrow, though, we're going out to try to get some Girl Scout cookies. Has anyone else had trouble finding them? Even using their cookie finder, we've struck out on a couple of places/times when a booth was supposed to be there and wasn't. I'm really hoping that tomorrow will bring me some thin mints. Just to give me energy for packing, you understand.

I have got to get to bed. If I'm not on here again before midday Sunday, well, I'll let you know after the trip how it all went. Fingers crossed!

3 comments:

  1. Yes, reading the news sometimes makes me want to crawl back under the covers and I need to find constructive ways to help change things for the better, esp. for those "underserved"... In the meantime, I am a firm believer in giving ourselves special time because that can help give us energy to deal with the less than ideal world we live in... so I hope you have a wonderful time with your friends!! And there is always Maggie (and your mom) to come home to...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you had a great time Gilligan-ing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope your trip is going great!

    ReplyDelete