Friday, February 18, 2022

Spam, Spam, Spam, Spam

I use Gmail for my email, and their spam filter is very good; I almost never get a spam message in my inbox, only direct to the spam folder. I don't get that much spam normally, just a few here and there, but it does seem to pick up sometimes, and this week is one of those times. Dozens of messages a day! Many with very graphic language in the subject lines, which, ew, no thank you.

I normally go into the folder to check that there isn't anything legit there, then delete the messages. This morning, I decided to let them build up and see how many actually came in. 

There were 54 messages there at 8 this morning.

By 4 this afternoon, it was over 100, and tonight at 8, it's at 106.

Good grief.

2 comments:

  1. I'm getting a ton, too. And tons of spam texts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm getting not as many in my non-gmail inbox, but some, and it used to be really really good at screening. After reading your post, I guess it still is after all. Hopefully, whoever out there is working on this is working on this.

    ReplyDelete