Sunday, August 16, 2020

This Weekend: Some Adult, a Little WTF

Yesterday I took my absentee ballot (and Mom's) to the library, where they have early voting*, and dropped them in the collection box there. I even got the I Voted sticker! Which I stuck onto my Bruins shirt, even though I was just driving home again. Tradition.

*I love that they have early voting, and in fact there was no line when I got there, but with the pandemic, getting it in the mail seemed like a good idea, and then returning it in person seemed good given the appalling way the government is currently trying to kill the USPS.

The Bruins shirt was chosen because they played in the afternoon, and despite the very startling news that Tuukka Rask has decided to leave the playoff bubble and go home*, they played a decent game and managed to win it. Game 4 is tomorrow night.

*I support his making the best decision for himself and his family, but there's no denying it was big news.

Today Mom and I got our flu shots, which is probably the earliest I ever have, but they're available now, and given the coronavirus situation, it seems wise to be sure to get them now. If you live near a Publix, reminder that they'll give you a $10 gift card for getting your flu shot there. I don't really understand why, but why not do it?

Now, if you have a few minutes and want to see a startling house-for-sale listing, be sure to check this out. It starts out as a very nice house, and then gets very weird. Don't you think?

Finally, here is Maggie last night: "Why is my toy not moving?"

And here she is first thing this morning:

At Petsmart today, we bought two more (on sale, half off). The baby can't be without this toy. She adores it.






1 comment:

  1. Mine's slightly more textured, but we have almost the same tile.

    That toy looks like the huge jellyfish my three year old grandson proudly got photographed standing next to at the beach. I must be a cat because I'm intrigued: what is it like? What makes it light up in the center and when?

    ReplyDelete