Sunday, August 23, 2020

Of the Weekend

Tonight's Bruins game doesn't start until 8, which gives me time to expand on my teaser post of yesterday. I know you're dying of curiosity, right?

Mom and I were going into town to have lunch and run a few errands after my haircut. If it weren't for masks everywhere, and hand sanitizer, and one-way aisles in the stores, what a perfectly normal Saturday, right? Sigh.

As I was driving up, farther from home than I generally go these days/months, it occurred to me that we would be passing the yarn store where I used to go for knitting group on Thursday nights, and I decided I wanted to stop in and see how it was going. Had a nice chat* with the owner about how the store is doing, the new yarns she's getting and trying to get in, how she's trying to schedule trunk shows but no one is booking them yet, and so on, and while we talked, I wandered around picking up this yarn and that. Because of course I wanted to buy something while I was there. Once I picked up this skein of Shibui Lunar, I had my choice.

*I wish she had been wearing a mask ... but I kept mine on, anyway.


It has a lovely light springiness to it. As it should, I suppose, being merino and silk.

So that was fun. On to lunch; guess where?

PF Chang's, out on the patio. Delicious lunch and wonderful leftovers.

We went to Costco (my first step* in looking for an office chair; I really need a new one), stopped at Aldi, then came home to rest from our exertions. It was fun, but strange at the same time; I mean, that's conversations with two different people, face to face, in the same day! Three, kind of, as we ran into some people Mom knew in Aldi, and chatted briefly with them. In a time when everything is strange, it was good to add some fun to it.

*For the second step, I went up to Staples today and tried out their (much wider, naturally) selection. Figured out which one I liked best of the lot, but didn't like it enough to shell out what it cost. The search goes on, I suppose to Office Depot next.

No comments:

Post a Comment