Wednesday, August 19, 2020

More Startitis Thoughts

I haven't put away the yarn that came in last week from Sweater Sisters (I like to contemplate new yarn for a while before tucking it into the stash), and I came across a pattern that I think might work well for the three skeins together. The pattern calls for two colors, but it's also for heavier yarn (DK), so I think I could modify it to make it similar size (or larger) for fingering yarn, and thus use all three. See what I mean?

The pattern is a yarn-company freebie* called Tussah Kissed (based on the name of their yarn)--well, on Ravelry it's actually called F959 Shawl, but on Plymouth Yarn's website, they call it Tussah Kissed, and the PDF is named both, so pick your poison. 

*Note that is a written pattern, not charted, which I know is no problem to some knitters and a drawback to others; also, it's a new pattern, so if you want to see other people's versions of it, not yet. 

I haven't even wound the yarn, let alone committed to this pattern, but I'm pondering it. Thinking yarny thoughts.

1 comment:

  1. Note that that front edge on it looks a little taut as the model grips it firmly, holding it out. Looks to me like it would need being careful how that selvedge comes out. Pretty, though.

    ReplyDelete