Friday, August 28, 2020

A Little Old New York

I came across this today: A site where you can look at photos of every building in the five boroughs on New York in the 1940s. The buildings, the people, the cars! It's very interesting to poke around in. (Be sure to click on Outtakes! Most of them are pictures that didn't come out, but some of them are clear as day, just vehicles in the way or something similar.)

There's also a version from the 1980s, which I expected to look more familiar to me, but which had (to me) more of a gritty 70s vibe. What do you think?

Note that they don't navigate the same way, which caught me off guard. But poke around, it's cool!

1 comment:

  1. You could spend a lot of time getting lost in those old pictures! That was really something, thanks!

    On the older batch, there was one dot in the middle of nowhere for what I took to be a four-horse stable, once upon a time, back behind a big house.

    ReplyDelete