Thursday, July 30, 2020

Just Wait For It

You may remember my mentioning the other day my concern that the satellite dish replacement overnight Wednesday would cause problems watching the Bruins exhibition game Thursday night. I am happy (and somewhat surprised) to report that it seems to be working. Skeptical me thought there may have been a delay to the project, but they claim on Twitter that it's done and only a few channels aren't working yet; since the NHL Network seems to be fine, I'm good with that.

However. If you thought that meant that today would be a good day, let me correct you. Any day that includes 4 spots of cat-puke cleanup before 9 AM isn't great. And then there's this.
Isn't that a nice big hole in our ceiling? That's where the water leak was.

It was almost funny that after my mother let the workers upstairs know about it, one of them came down to look at the dripping spot and said basically that, well, it wasn't them, they hadn't done anything. Um, want to bet? I acquit them of meaning to do it, but yeah, someone did (or didn't) do something.

So now we have the hole. The plumbers have come and hopefully fixed the cause of the drip, and we'll see what happens tomorrow. But overall, this is NG, Not Good.

And so tiresome. What a day, week, month, year this has been.

It does look, as of now, like the big storm (not yet a hurricane), Isaias, might not hit us* directly this weekend. Please, please, please. Leave our roof intact.
*Not that I want it to hit hard anywhere people are. But, you know, self-interest and all.

1 comment:

  1. I think, not that I'm calling the shots or anything, but I think, y'know, that it's just plain time for you to get a break.

    ReplyDelete