Friday, July 17, 2020

Maybe It's Time, Sweater Knitting Edition

At my local-knitter-zoom-SnB last night, we were talking sweaters and swatching* and someone asked me if I swatch. I said that I often don't, since making smaller or less fit-demanding objects, like shawls, means I can just start the project and see if I like how it's looking. I don't make a lot of sweaters or other items where fit is much more imperative.
*Not a knitter? You make a swatch before starting a project, to see if the yarn and needles are going to lead to the right size/fabric.

But, I mentioned, I started a sweater years ago (and put it aside to work on a wedding-present blanket) that, though I thought I had measured it, the first try ended up waaaayyyy too big (as shown here; blogs are so handy). And because I may be a clutter-bug, but I'm not completely disorganized, I knew where the project was, and could pull it out to show them.
It's the Hitch Pullover, using Ella Rae Amity in colorway 131, a nice blue.

It's roughly 75% done, but will take some figuring to decide where I had got to in the pattern, how I like the fit with the size I am now, etcetera. But maybe, now that I finally finished up the 2-in-1 socks, I'll take a stab at it.

1 comment:

  1. Oh that's pretty! Given the climate where you live now, you could shorten the finishing time by simply making it into a vest if you want, although the sleeves on that pattern are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete