Thursday, July 23, 2020

A Noisy Week

Between the demo upstairs, and the nearly-all-day-Tuesday process of getting the new air conditioner put in, and the roofers who showed up yesterday and today to wash the roof (yes, really*), and even more tree trimming next door, it has been a noisy week around here. One evening I said to my mother that I felt like I had spent the day in a metal barrel, rolling down a rocky hillside. Battered.
*No, I couldn't tell you why.

But! There's almost always something somewhere to make you smile, when I'm in the mood to try (which isn't always), and I have a couple today. One is knitting, as I have been going on with the sock I started on Saturday. In fact, I've made a lot of progress, since I just love watching the colors come along.
Isn't that fun? I am having the best time watching it. Striped Turtle Toes from Turtlepurl Yarns.

The other thing that makes me smile is, of course, Maggie. Enjoy.






2 comments:

  1. I love how the socks echo her stripes. Colorized, like Ted Turner and old movies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maggie does indeed make me smile - as does that sock.

    I've gotten away from reading blogs lately, but came back. You've changed your layout and it's nice.

    ReplyDelete