Saturday, July 04, 2020

Happy 4th: On the Beach

I haven't been going to the beach lately, but on Thursday* I decided to take a walk, before the weekend crowds got bigger. (The county put some restrictions on the beach access for the weekend, so that we hopefully wouldn't get hordes coming over from the east coast, which had closed its beaches, but even so.)
*I took a vacation day on Thursday; they gave us Friday off work for the holiday, so that makes a wonderful long weekend of unwinding.

It was beautiful, but HOT.

Not too crowded.


I turned back before very long, as it was so hot that I was dripping, and even walking in the water didn't help, because it was so warm. Coming back, I saw an egret.
Just pondering, thinking bird thoughts.

And I picked up a few shells.
I was out of the house for about 45 minutes, and it probably was two hours before I cooled down properly. Lesson learned: next time, earlier or later in the day, not in the mid-afternoon heat of summer. Still, it was beautiful!

PS What do you think of the new layout? Like, dislike?

1 comment:

  1. Heat aside, that sounds like a perfect walk to me. Glad you got to go.

    ReplyDelete