Tuesday, April 28, 2020

A Day Off

I took today off from work, since we're in a bit of a lull at the moment; it's kind of weird, because two weeks ago we were flat out with work pouring in, and a week ago we were still quite busy, and then at the end of last week it all slowed down. Which is not usually how it goes toward the end of the month, but hey, nothing is normal these days.

I was thinking, toward the end of last week, that it would be nice to take a day off but that it was kind of silly when work was so quiet, but then yesterday, even though I wasn't busy all day, when work did come in it made me Unreasonably Crabby that I thought, hey, I may not travel again this year, no real point in saving up all my time off, why not use up some personal time anyway, and have a do-nothing day. My boss okayed it, so I have.

And it's been nice. It's a beautiful day, and not as humid as it's been lately, so we have the air conditioning off and the windows open, blowing sweet-smelling air through. I slept in a little late, lazed around reading the papers at leisure, cat on lap, all that. The only downside is that I aggravated my back yesterday, so it's really giving me some grief (I just sneezed "achoo-owwww!"), but other than that, and the general state of the world, it's been good.

Now I'm finishing up an iced coffee and thinking about getting in the pool. Last night, one of the hockey game choices on TV actually turned out to be Boston-Vancouver Game 7 from 2011, so that was fun to watch. It's on again tonight, so we'll probably watch it again, with the takeout pizza we're going out to get later.

No comments:

Post a Comment