Friday, May 01, 2020

I Have Been Led Into Temptation

I'm waiting for delivery of a yarn order that I placed at the beginning of the week, and in the interim, I have run into some mighty temptation (which I no doubt deserve: more than one friend in the past has called me an enabler in terms of yarn shopping).

First off, this weekend would have been the Maryland Sheep and Wool Festival, and since it is obviously not happening in the traditional sense, they are putting together a list of the vendors who want to take part in a virtual festival, which will go live in the morning. I'd like to go to MDS one of these years, though I hadn't planned it to be this year, but I've still been having a good time looking at the posts in the Facebook group about it, while reminding myself firmly that many, many yarns I get to see and touch at festivals and yarn stores is lovely to look at but doesn't feel like I want to work with it (you know how I am: "it's so soft" is my motto). I may just buy from a vendor or two whose yarn I'm familiar with, though... We'll see.

Meanwhile, my local knitting friends were saying at SnB last night that the Canadian dollar is making the exchange rate good for the US right now, so it's a great time to buy from Canadian dyers...I know of Sweet Georgia and Tanis Fiber Arts, but I wasn't familiar with MidKnit Cravings, and they have lovely stuff! Plus I signed up for their newsletter and they sent a 15% off code to use, so ... I spent some time poking around, looking at different combinations for possibly making Casapinka's Magical Thinking. This and this and that? No; how about you and you and you? I ended up sending them a message through their Facebook page to ask if they thought a certain three went together, and heard back quite promptly that they would suggest switching out this one for that one, even sending me a photo of them together (!), and asking what pattern I was thinking of, and it was just a nice little interchange.

And this might just work:
Update: this!

No comments:

Post a Comment