Wednesday, April 15, 2020

Yarn Sharing

On Saturday, when we got home with our groceries, I stepped out of the car to be hailed by a neighbor who said she had something for me.
I guess she did! It turns out that she has a friend who was cleaning out things she no longer uses, and guess what, shopping bag full of random yarn!

Maggie was pleased to help me inspect the contents.
"Really, I'll help. You shouldn't have to do this alone."
"Fine, I'll get down, but I'm not going far."
Today I took it all out to photograph separately. It's a nice assortment, but some of it appeals to me more than others, as is natural. If you see anything that grabs your fancy, I'd be glad to mail it to you, and share the bounty. Take a look! (ETA: I crossed out what's gone, but let me know if you want any of the others.)

Two skeins of Cascade 220 Heathers in a soft green (none of these photos did too well on the colors, sigh).


A nice complementary blue, which is actually from Brown Sheep.

A big skein of New Zealand wool from Wool Pak Yarns NZ, in a dark green.
 Patons Classic Wool in the imaginatively named Dark Grey Mix.
And another in Leaf Green.
A partial skein of beige yarn that looks very similar to the Patons, but no promises on that.
One ball of Rowan Felted Tweed in 142, which according to Ravelry is also called Melody. It's a sort of light lavender with tweedy bits.

 One ball of Knit Picks Main Line in Antique Rose.
 And one of Jaeger Trinity in 435, aka Wisteria, which is a pale pink-purple.
 Two Lamb's Pride Worsted: Old Sage is a sort of khaki green.
And Bulldog Blue is a very dark navy.
Lion Brand Suede in Sage.
Random partial blue and blacks.
And the surprise of the lot, this:
Sonata Bulky Rayon Chenille.
To be honest, to me it looks like a muppet threw up. But for the right person or the right project, it would be great!

I have no idea of the pet conditions of the original owner's home, though I can attest that there's no smell of cigarettes about it. I'm sure it's picked up a bit of cat hair here, but not enough to worry any but the most allergic.

Anything you want?

4 comments:

  1. Thanks, but I'll pass. I'm at SABLE.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could use any of the Patons Wool - that's what I use primarily for felted hats.
    Any idea what it'll cost to ship to NC?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I'm at double SABLE, but have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sharon, I'd be glad to send the Patons to you! If you want to email me with your address (ccrinma at hotmail.com), I can get it out in the next few days, probably.

    ReplyDelete