Tuesday, November 22, 2016

Hanging In There (Here)

Still not feeling great.

I did go to the doctor's office today (well, and saw the nurse practitioner), since yesterday I mentioned on Facebook that I had this weird taste in my mouth that wouldn't go away*, and one of my friends said that can be a sign of a sinus infection. I figured it's better to rule that out, and at almost three weeks in, not a bad idea to be checked out anyway.
*It is SO unpleasant.

Long story short, the NP doesn't think it is a sinus infection, unless it's at the very beginning stages, and that's unlikely enough that she didn't want to give me antibiotics. She suggested that I double my usual dose of Flonase, to try to get my sinuses to clear out more, and keep taking the sudafed if it's helping (which it is). And they're open tomorrow, and Friday, if things get worse, but otherwise give it a week and see how that goes.

Sigh. She wouldn't bring out the magic wand, even though I asked nicely. Though I did get my flu shot, as long as I was there. That hasn't made me feel bad in the past, other than injection-site soreness; maybe it will make me feel better! Perhaps it will be magic!

Yes, well, I can dream, can't I? I mean, in theory I will feel better one day: why not tomorrow?

Meanwhile, at work today I found myself sharing this image:
Just among the editors, not to the people who really need to see it, but it was somehow satisfying anyway.

2 comments:

  1. I had a 3-week cold, including a cough that lingered an extra 2 weeks. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you got it checked out. Colds this season are nasty! Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete