Sunday, November 20, 2016

Ups and Downs

No, I don't feel better, not really, not much. Well, I guess it's like a migraine: it gets a little better, a little worse, but it isn't linear. Right now I feel a bit better. This morning I had to go lie down because I couldn't summon the energy to move. Up and down. We'll hope it's getting better. Two weeks and four days, so far, after all.

However, there are bright spots. Last night I went to see Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, and enjoyed it very much, as did my friends, and the rest of the audience to judge by the applause at the end. I'm glad they're making more, and I hope Eddie Redmayne will be in them; I liked him a lot.

Also, the Bruins won last night; I was in the car in time to listen to the end, and it was very encouraging. Bergeron and Marchand both scored, and since they've been not doing as much of that recently, it's good. Hopefully Pasta will be back soon--he was out for the second game last night, "upper body injury"--but I'm glad they did well anyway.

Finally, I was TV watching yesterday and saw this commercial, and want to give kudos to Amazon: I think I would have liked it any time, but with all the divisive, us-vs-them stuff going on these days, it just hit me strongly. Yes. This.



There's a nice little story about it here; the story notes that although the ad is scripted, the men are not actors, they actually are religious leaders. Just so cool.

Finally, I saw this on Facebook yesterday, and it just seems to say it all.

3 comments:

  1. I'm just really disappointed that Johnny Depp is going to be in the sequels. I'm unwilling to watch a movie that stars someone who beat up his wife.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the commercial. I hadn't seen it and found it heartwarming.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh loved that ad and the FB posting. Just what I need to hear. Thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete