Sunday, May 19, 2013

Hockey, Links, Yarn, Knitting. All Good!

I've been getting so much done today, listing it all would make me tired--or, rather, more tired, since the actual doing has been tiring already. In a good, accomplishy way, but still. Of course, watching the Bruins win raised my energy level a bit! They managed to win by more than a goal! In regulation! Nice.

Not that I wasn't happy with Thursday's win, just exhausted: happy zombie. Though I do hope this picture of the celebration makes Hockey Hugs:
charchand
I mean, do you know how high Marchand had to jump to be over Chara's head? Ah, Marchand: as Puck Daddy referred to him, "the little guy with the big heart and even bigger nose."

And then the next sentence: "That's Patrice Bergeron with the game-winning assist, as if you had to ask." According to a quick check, I first mentioned Bergeron on this blog on August 10, 2006, a mere day after starting the blog. This is how much a fan of his I am (as you may have noticed, in the 50+ times I've mentioned him). So you can imagine how pleased I am to see him getting some serious appreciation: on Puck Daddy, on ESPN, and from the boys at Backhand Shelf, on the podcast, and also a blog post, "Perfect Patrice," dedicated to his wonder. That's right!

I think that catches me up on hockey. What about yarn? I went to the Webs tent sale yesterday with friends--fabulous! And though I spent $100, I could easily, oh so easily have spent two or three times that, so it was actually restrained.

I was very happy to see that the Blue Moon Fiber Arts yarn was 25% off. There wasn't much of the lightweight left, but two skeins of mediumweight in lovely blue will make me something beautiful, I know:
There was also Ella Rae Lace Merino, like I used recently and liked, half off, discontinued colors. Yes please!
I know, more blue. What can I say, I love it! This blue period, first noted over two years ago,shows no signs of stopping. Though it does get broken up. The skein on the right has colors like a kaleidoscope, different on all sides. See?
When I went to put it on the shelf, it found a happy home next to this one, from Webs last fall:
I also got a skein, in Bruins-gold, of impossibly soft yarn that I'm thinking would make a nice little cowl.
Debbie Bliss Andes, which is baby alpaca and silk. Go. Find some. Revel in the soft.

My final purchase was not on sale, but too beautiful for me to mind that. A little Lantern Moon project bag, in the most gorgeous colors, inside and out.

That doesn't even capture it fully. Love it.

As well as yarn, there was knitting. It's rare for me to have car time when I'm not the driver! I got one sock safely around the heel, so it can be purse-ready:
And I finally finished the previous pair, that kept getting set aside for not being in the right place at a pertinent time. Like for the Yarn Harlot's lecture, and the Bruins game. Whoops! Done at last.
If you look closely, you'll see the heels don't match.
I'm such a rebel. Which one do you like better in this yarn? (Knit Picks Stroll, by the way.)

*****
Do you read the blog Love and Hisses? If not, don't miss Miri's moment in the sun. Maybe the right someone will see it! (If not, I'm putting up fliers around town. Operation Get Her Out of Here is in full swing!)

*****
Time to face the Sunday night. Weekends should all be three days long, at least. And getting ready for a trip? Absolutely! (I don't leave until Friday, but I have plenty to do before then.)

Look out: here comes Monday!

2 comments:

  1. I'm thoroughly enjoying the afternoon win today as I plan on going to bed soon and reveling in both my early bedtime and the FIVE goals! The rainbow Ella Rae is really really lovely. Any plans for what it might become? It reminds me of some of the tie dye things I got as a kid that got the brightness worn out of them! And My very untrained eye prefers the heel on the left. It looks tidier to me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm amused that we got at least two, and possibly three, of the same yarns, in the same colors! (The blue STR and Ella Rae.)

    ReplyDelete