Wednesday, May 01, 2013

The Muzzy-Headed Post

As I mentioned yesterday, my allergies have hit me like a ton of bricks this week. Monday was the first day that I had noticeable pollen on the car, enough that a dry-sweep with the wipers had a visible effect. It didn't surprise me: for at least a week before, I'd been feeling allergy eyes. It's a distinct feeling, not exactly tired, not exactly itchy, but somewhere between. I frequently want to squinch them shut and rub my knuckles in them, which probably isn't a good idea any time, but is particularly bad when driving. Ah, spring. Love/hate.

I think what's making it worse is that, after a couple of weeks of everything looking like it was about to bloom, but not much happening because it wasn't warm enough, it finally got milder, and everything went crazy all at once. It's like it went:
bud ... bud ... bud ... holding ... holding ... BOOM! Blooms everywhere!

My only hope is that, because it's so bad, the worst will be over quickly. Because I need hope. I felt like shit today. I had to take sinus/cold meds this morning! Well, had to--or go back to bed, but that didn't seem like the best option. At the chiropractor tonight, I bought a bottle of Aller-Ease, which may be nothing helpful but at least it makes me feel like I'm doing something. Considering that my period also started today, I need hope.

Or candy. I learned something dangerous last week: Jelly Belly sells not only its regular, lovely jelly beans, but also the ones that come out funny shapes. They call them Belly Flops, and they're cheaper than the regular ones. I may have bought a bag. It may have arrived today. I am admitting nothing. Except that "A man has to do something to keep warm!" (Name that movie.)

Now, I have a Bruins game to get through. Be good to yourselves, people. We're all fighting some fight or other. Always remember not to compare your insides to anyone else's outsides.

1 comment: