Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Briefly, On Hockey and Other Things

So, the Bruins ... won last night. That was nice, eh? New York scored first, but the Bruins tied it up, then went ahead on the weirdest bounce I've ever seen a puck make, and then, well, strangely enough I wasn't that worried that they could hold onto the lead, and they did, and they won. How about that, eh? What a peaceful state of non-panic.

They're now up three games to none, and I have to agree with Stanley Cup of Chowder, thinking back to 2010 and worrying about this team this year feels silly. This is not that team. This team went on to win the Cup the next year. This team has learned so much since 2010. This is not their first time at the rodeo, and it shows.

Now, I'm not guaranteeing a sweep tomorrow night; far from it. Just saying I feel neither overconfident nor doomed. Nice.

In non-Bruins news (or only indirectly), points to Puck Daddy for concluding, in linking to the story that astronaut Chris Hadfield returned to Earth wearing a Maple Leafs shirt under his space suit, with this gem: "marking the second time in just a few hours that someone rocking that logo crashed back to earth." Ouch! But Hadfield himself said, "It turns out...both of us went down in flames on the same day."

*****
If I had to write a poem about this morning's commute (don't worry, I'm not), I would try to rhyme "traffic" and "horrific". Just so you know.

They really don't rhyme, do they? It seems like they should.

*****
Early this afternoon (about 1:20 Eastern time, if you noticed), there came a point when I could actually feel time slowing down. A day and a half to work before my trip, and suddenly the clock isn't moving... It doesn't bode well for tomorrow, does it?

*****
Here, let me finish with a random cute picture from the internet. I haven't posted this yet, have I?
How many ways do I love this picture?

No comments:

Post a Comment