Monday, April 02, 2012

Insomnia Cleverly Disguised As Sleep

I didn't sleep well last night. It was one of those annoying nights when I woke up two hours after I went to bed, felt like I tossed and turned for at least half an hour, then looked at the clock and it was two hours later, and I'm certain I wasn't actually awake that long. Which means I dreamed I couldn't get back to sleep. Argh! I'm taking a pill tonight.

And it also means that I am not cracking open the dvd for the second season of Downton Abbey, which I picked up at the library today, because I'm afraid that once I started, I wouldn't want to stop watching, and would stay up way too late. Better to pick up Fair Game again (after I read a good book, I often flip back and re-read certain scenes at once); at least I know what happened in the end, so I won't be too tempted to stay up too late.

Tune in tomorrow to see how well this works. Assuming I don't spend all my blogging time* tomorrow watching Downton Abbey.
*Of course, unemployment expands blogging time tremendously.

I'll have to stop to watch the Bruins game, but even with other things to do during the day, I should be able to get through it by evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment