Sunday, May 08, 2011

Sunday, Knitting, etc.

Since I'm going to visit a friend in the DC area next weekend*, I just pulled up the forecast there for the next ten days, and while we all agree that the forecast is as likely to be right as darts thrown at a chart of random numbers, STILL. It irked me to see temperatures in the 70s this week, then in the 60s and raining next weekend. Honestly! That's just not nice. (And it goes right back up in to the 70s on Monday, when I'm leaving. Sheesh!)

*Remember when I talked about the train? I know, I've been talking about other things recently for some reason.

The weather here today has been up and down, though overall not bad. I was at a Mother's Day brunch this morning, and the sun was out more often than not, making for a very pleasant, sit-on-the-deck time. At some point, though, the clouds took over, which drove everyone inside. The temperature without the sun just wasn't warm enough. Come on, warm!

I thought it was about time for knitting updates again, as I have quietly made progress, here and there. The purse knitting is into sock two:


And the bike knitting, while still on sock one, is moving along:


Also, what I'm thinking of as the first draft of the sweater is growing well, and I hope that trying it on does not burst my bubble.


It's sort of hard to tell it's a sweater, right? Trust me.

Meanwhile, this weekend I worked on a yarn-y project that was not knitting. A family friend had asked if I might be able to mend a sweater for her, and since she was not bothered when I said I wouldn't be able to make it good as new, but could make it less holey, I gave it a try.


It's a beautiful wool sweater, which they got in Ireland years ago, but it appears to have had a moth encounter, or something that left lots of holes. I didn't see a speck of insect evidence, but this had to be caused by something.


Most of the damage was much smaller, but there were a lot of spots to patch overall. Not that I mind. Easier to catch little holes before they become big holes.


I started work Friday night, watching the Bruins, but didn't get all that much done because of someone, ahem, who wanted space that was sweater-occupied:

Mom?

That's better.

I worked on it more Saturday, and finished it up this morning in time to return it at brunch. Not the most conventional Mother's Day gift, perhaps, but she seemed pleased, which is what counts.

1 comment:

  1. Oh wow, you're going to be here on the one day I have no chance of meeting you in person. Rats. Let me know the next time you find yourself in this area. I would love to meet you in person!

    ReplyDelete