Friday, May 27, 2011

Nervous Knitting mode

During the third period of game six on Wednesday, I got to the point where I simply couldn't watch the game, couldn't look at the Bruins not winning. I picked up the sweater I'm knitting and looked at that instead. I got to where the first sleeve breaks off from the body!

I listened to the rest of the game, until the Bruins had conclusively not won, then turned off the TV and knit a few more rounds in the quiet before going to bed.

Tonight is game seven, so it's even more so. I picked up the sweater in the first period. And now it's the second intermission, there's no score, and the sleeve is past the elbow.

(Pictures of it this weekend, I hope.)

And though the Bruins are playing fairly well, I'm not really enjoying this game.

Edited to add: YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!

3 comments:

  1. Just saw it on Twitter. Congrats, Boston!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've gotten me to the point where I look at the sports news now instead of picking up my book. Needless to say, I thought of you last night :)

    ReplyDelete