Friday, April 15, 2011

Oh, Friday night, how I love thee

It's all about surviving another week, which I feel silly even typing because how hard is my life, really? But sometimes living is more challenging than other times, and surviving with sanity (mostly) intact* feels like an achievement.

*Let's not talk about last night's Bruins game, okay? Perhaps I will want to talk about hockey after Game 2. Hopefully.

List Control

I am a list person. I have lists of things to do, with sub-lists, lists of things to get at the store (for multiple stores), notes on the brand of this or the style of that to look at, book lists ... and when it comes to carrying them around, together with coupons and calendars and all the various reminders, things can get messy. Ripped. Lost. Where did I put ... I thought I had it with me ... oh, what a mess.

I am happy to report, however, that I am having positive results from a simple new way to keep things together, which is demonstrating once again that the little things matter disproportionately.

When I got those new shoes recently, DSW put the associated paperwork into this little open-ended folder, presumably to keep it from getting lost in the box. I looked at it and thought, "hmm."

With standard business card for size comparison

So my to-do list (tasks broken down by at-home, computer, and out) is folded inside. My this-week calendar of errands, plans, and obligations, too. My grocery list, Target list, and coupons. Cat food label so I pick up more of the right flavor. The Starbucks postcard for a free drink, $3 CVS coupon, $1 off a dozen bagels, and Groupon car wash are all with me, and where I can find them when needed. All in a tidy little packet (about 4.5x6 inches) that fits in the side pocket of my purse.

Simple, sure. But it's making me happy!

Another thing that's making me happy this week is the little bitty pot of orchids that a friend gave me. I took some pictures the other day:




But then this morning, they were in the sun, and wow.





How gorgeous is that?

Well, almost as gorgeous as this:


He's in a snuggling mood tonight, and I'm off to give him a lap. Happy weekend to you! Any fun plans?

3 comments:

  1. Oh honey, I love your list holder! Lists are the most awesome thing ever and coupons! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I make lots of lists too--and YES you must buy the right flavor of cat food or it's money down the drain and a riot in the living room. Been there.

    I won't talk about the Bruins' Game 1 if you won't talk about the Flyers' Game 1.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful pic of the light coming through the flower!

    ReplyDelete