Thursday, April 21, 2011

Another Small Step; Knitting Updates

Here's what I planned this morning to write tonight:
So, there's no cat news until tomorrow, the Bruins game is tonight, and I've heard nothing else about that job application. Let's talk about knitting instead!
However, at lunchtime I got another e-mail from the company where I applied for a job, asking about my availability for an interview, so that third thing is no longer strictly true! As you can imagine, I was doing some deep breathing this afternoon, trying to remain at least somewhat calm. There isn't a set time yet, but I will let you know when the mass finger-crossing is (hopefully next week sometime).

Until then, let's talk a little knitting after all! (We certainly don't want to talk about the Bruins--not after the way they played in the first period. Urgh.)

The sock that is purse knitting continues down the foot. I tried it on last night, since the Malabrigo sock that didn't fit is recent enough to be a painful memory. I knew this one would fit, as the yarn is my friend, but I tried it on all the same.


Perfect! (And notice the tail of the inspector.)

The sock that is bike knitting is growing, too. I'm waiting until it's a little longer to try it on, but will do so before the heel, since this is my first experience with this yarn.


It's pretty, though, right? I need to capture the colors better, but this is close.

I've all-but-finished the furry neck pillow. I got near to the end of the yarn at the near-work stitch and bitch last night, so I bound off and closed one end of the tube.

When I got home, I pulled out the fiber-fill I had (most of a bag) and stuffed the pillow. It wasn't enough to cram it full-full, but I don't want the pillow to be really overstuffed and stiff, I want it to be flexible, so I think this amount might work out. All the same, I didn't sew the end shut, I tied it off so I can test it out before I decided for sure. The pictures I took did not come out well, so I will have to try again.

Going to the stitch and bitch near work has been an interesting experience for me. I started going mainly to see a friend of mine who goes to it. I also like going because when I wait until after rush hour to drive home, the commute is much faster and easier. It's a large, friendly group of knitters, and the place where it's held has good food and drink options.

I am still going to my regular stitch and bitch group on Monday nights (most weeks I do both), which has been going on for about four years now. But that's a smaller group with less regular attenders, which means that there are still nights like this week, where I went and no one else showed up. Contrast that to the near-work group, where 8 other people showed up between 5 and when I left early (7) to go get my car at the shop. I wish the Monday group had more regular attendees, so I could be more certain of having company.

This morning at 4 o'clock, when I woke with cramps and an aching back, I was very glad to have the heated mattress pad on my bed. Woo. I rotated like a roast on a rotisserie, dozing, until it was time to get up. I feel better now than I did this morning, but better is a relative term. Codeine has been my friend today; tonight unisom and heat and lots of sleep will be my friends. And hopefully I will have happy Bruins dreams, though it doesn't look likely right now. But we have to hope.

3 comments:

  1. Sending good kitty and job vibes your way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such a pretty sock pattern -- I got some yellow (plain yellow, not my usual striping stuff) and I know it will look so nice.

    Sending you good thoughts today (Friday) for Carlos and pre-loading the prayer wheel for next week's interview.

    ReplyDelete