Wednesday, April 13, 2011

NHL Playoff Thoughts, Briefly

The NHL playoffs start tonight; the Bruins play tomorrow night, kicking off the millionth series against hated rivals Montreal. It was a match-up I personally was hoping to avoid, since they're a team that historically has been a challenge for Boston. I'm afraid that either Montreal will win, or Boston will win but will be so HYPED UP from the series that they'll plummet in the second round.

Plus, last year's pratfall is still fresh in the mind (one of those things you'd like to forget, but no chance). Basically, it's a scary time of year, and 1972 was a long time ago.

In the Puck Daddy Cup Prognostications for this year, 8 of the 9 "experts" have the Bruins beating Montreal, and six then have the Bruins going to the Cup final. Only one predicts they'll win there, but still, it was fun reading. However, I imagine I'll still be watching through my fingers.

Now if you'll excuse me, I got home late (knitting, then Target), and I'm going to pet the kitty, ride the bike, and get ready for bed.

1 comment:

  1. I'm kind of getting deja vu with Philadelphia/Buffalo. . . but it's obvious nobody thinks they'll go far. That doesn't bug me as much as the thought that the Caps would do better, but then again, I just have blind hatred for them. So if the Bruins go all the way, I'll cheer for them.

    ReplyDelete