Friday, April 22, 2011

Good News, Cubed

1. Carlos is fine.

The ultrasound revealed all looking as it should be. I knew I'd like the ultrasound vet when he came in and immediately noticed my OED (he has the magnifying-glass version himself). When he said that he couldn't see any problems? He's my new best friend.

The baby was very good, not wiggling during the exam (the other vet held his scruff, just in case), and in fact he mostly just lay there and waited for it to be over. When it was, he beat a dignified retreat and sat in the sunshine to recover.

Was hard work, have to rest now.


Are you coming for me next?
Thank you all for the prayers and well wishes. Whew! I feel like we dodged a bullet here. The vet suggests testing the bloodwork again in a few months, but she's not too worried, so neither am I.

2. The Bruins won. From being down two games, they're even again.

It wasn't their best game of the season, and they had to get it to overtime to do it, but they won, and the series is now tied at 2 games apiece.

Funny thing was, once OT started and I realized I wasn't breathing all that deeply, I gave myself a perspective talk about how their losing (game or series) would not be that big a deal, and I needed to not get stressed about it.

Not five seconds later, they scored. Well! Won't tomorrow night be interesting. So far, the home team has lost every game. I want that to stop, please, since we only play once more in Montreal, and need two wins to advance.

3. Oh, and my interview is set for Wednesday morning at 9. Mark your calendars for finger-crossing then, please.

This afternoon, I drove to where the company is, to make sure I could find it, see how long it took, etc. It's about 8.5 miles each way (which compares favorably to 20, eh?), and granted, I wasn't going during rush hour, but it only took 25 minutes. It's in a pretty town, too, which is aesthetically appealing.

Sigh.

Prepare for four days of I'm-not-panicking, which I expect will leak into my blogging somewhat. (You think?)

Attempting to take advantage of the weather not completely sucking today (it was mid-50s, partly sunny, chilly breeze), since it's going to rain tomorrow, I went for a walk around the pond later. It's slightly under two miles, according to my research, and I pushed it to keep my pace going, and not stop*, and made it in 40 minutes. Some exercise, anyway!

*Except for a couple of photos, of course.

The appearance of depth is misleading.
Though he may be standing on a rock...

The trees are juuuuuust starting to turn green.

It's a very welcome sight.

Spring is edging into town, but so slowly, and I am in such a hurry for it! I eagerly look for trees sprouting leaves, for flowers and flowering bushes, for green grass, and every day see more, but there's still a lot of winter-bare to the views. And not enough warm.

But given points one, two, and three above, you understand that I don't really feel like complaining too much. I just throw it in, so you'll know that the blog hasn't been hijacked.

3 comments:

  1. Hooray for a healthy kitty!!!!!

    I'll have all my crossables going for you on Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, thank you, thank you to the powers that be from Tux and me for the good news about Carlos. Next up on the prayer wheel is Wednesday morning at 0900. 8.5 miles is a really nice commute, eventually you might be able to bike it if you keep up with all this exercise...

    Have a lovely day. It's snowing here, I posted pictures of it to my facebook page since I don't blog anymore. opps! It's now turned to rain :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY, CARLOS!!!

    Will pray hard for the interview to go well (and be for a good job)!

    Yeah, I started noticing how green everything is getting around Philly, too. That's what the rain is good for, I guess.

    Happy Easter, CCR, Miri, & Carlos!

    ReplyDelete