Tuesday, April 05, 2011

Quick Weekend Update, and more greenhouse to close

Shaking up your routine is supposed to be good for you, but I find it very tiring. Of course, part of that could be the driving; almost six hours in the car yesterday, navigating in the rain, has left me with a knot at the back of my neck and sore hips. Oy, I am old. I'm glad to report no headache, though. I did have a wisp of one yesterday morning, so I took a pill and slept for another hour, and it never developed into anything. I'm very grateful not to have added that handicap to the drive.

So physically I'm sore, and emotionally I'm a little ruffled from being thrust out of my comfy rut. Was it worth it? Yes! I had a really nice weekend. I was happy to see Mum and Grandma, and they were happy to see me. The worst of Friday's weather was at home, and no new snow to speak of in NY--weird for there to more east than west, but I was happy. I got to show off recent yarn purchases and finished objects to an appreciative audience, and got a lot of knitting done (photos and details to come). We took Grandma out for an early celebration of her upcoming 97th birthday, and generally ate very well. Lots of hugs!

The snowdrops were out:


And Grandma's cat, Junior, who is only more relaxed about people than Miri is because she's been inside years longer, actually got close enough to me to sniff my slippers. It was a record moment.


And then I came home again. I was checking my e-mail* last night when Carlos came along, so I got on the futon and lured him up with me. He snuggled right up, and I rubbed his belly and got the purr started, and it was snuggly and wonderful. I missed him.

*Sorry, AP, I doubt I'll change to email any time soon. Habit!

Last night's Bruins game was ... disappointing. The first half of the game was very enjoyable, and the Bruins deservedly went up 3-0. But given that the final score was 5-3 the other way, I can only assume that during the commercial breaks, the real Bruins were switched out for their non-hockey-playing doppelgangers, and I hate those guys. Fortunately, I was too tired to dwell on it last night. Whump! I hit the bed hard. Tonight I'm planning to do the same, only earlier. Like now.

So I will leave you with some more photos from the greenhouse. The temperature this morning was very mild, but it was chilly and rainy by the time I left work, and I am really ready for some spring.










1 comment:

  1. I am totally envious that Carlos lets you rub his belly. I'd get my arms ripped off if I tried that one around here.

    Love the greenhouse shots. The flowers have such pretty colors, and it is way cool to see coffee beans growing!

    ReplyDelete