Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Not the strongest will-power in the grocery store

Going grocery shopping can test my will power, especially if I'm hungry, but I was doing pretty well tonight, until the self-scanner* offered me $1 off my weakness, Ben & Jerry's Coffee Heath Bar Crunch. Well, actually it didn't specify the flavor, but that's always my first choice, and to get a pint for $2? My resolve crumbled.

* Not to do a scan on yourself, but to do the scanning. It's a handheld scanner that Stop & Shop has, so you scan items as you shop, and then bag them right at the cart. I like it because it cuts down on the number of times I handle an item.

Yummm...

*********************
I'm fed up with the Bruins right now. They're down 4-1 after one period in Montreal, and not playing much better than that. They're not burying their chances, and making too many give-aways, letting Montreal walk in and make plays ... ugh. Plus, the game tonight is on Versus, and Sunday's was on NBC, and I miss my NESN guys. (Well, not Katherine Tappen, and her very convincing impression of someone who knows almost nothing about hockey, but some of the others, like Andy Brickley.)

That said, of course I'm going to go watch the second period. But I may be looking at my mitten more than the TV.

*********************
Oh, did you catch that? Yes, mitten! I started mittens for me, me, me! Well, technically, I started one mitten, of course, but if it works, the second will be quick to follow (baby, it's cold outside). They are, naturally, more complicated than the ones I made for the babies, for the simple reason that I want thumbs in mine, but it's still a pretty basic pattern. So far, I like it very well, and find it clearly written. Further updates, and photos, as progress is made.

*********************
I think it's time to buy a new printer. I said I would when I bought the new computer (yes, last May, that new computer), and of course I never got around to it, just bought a cord to allow the old (old, old) printer to converse with the new computer and went along with it.

However.

It apparently has made the decision for me. It has stopped printing, and started making god-awful grindy noises instead (which is not a substitution I feel good about). If it was not printing, that would be one thing, or if it was printing while making bad noises ... but both together, well, I don't know if I can do anything about that. I was hoping to at least wait until after I do my taxes*, but it occurs to me that in order to do the taxes, I will probably appreciate being able to print. So hmmm. Printer shopping, eh?

* I am dying to do my taxes, and the wait for the W-2 is painful. This was the first full year of condo-ownership for me, and I want to see what a difference it makes. They Say owning is better than renting in this way, and I want to see it! I bought my copy of RobotTax, and if my W-2 doesn't come with this week's paycheck, I may cry.

*********************
When I logged on just now, I saw the news that Heath Ledger was found dead today. I'm very sad about this. I loved him in 10 Things I Hate About You and in A Knight's Tale, and Casanova ... so sad. Twenty-eight years old ...

1 comment:

  1. OMG - I was so sad about Heath. So cute! So young! At least its not looking like he was a secret coke-head, which always makes me so depressed and disillusioned with the stars I like. :(

    ReplyDelete