Saturday, November 03, 2007

Of Cat, Laundry, and NaBloPoMo

Pan is having that day again.

He just has to be on my lap. Has to! And why do I keep getting up? Laundry, what's that? And why would I let another cat* on my lap, just because he got down for One Second?

*That other cat would be Harold. They were almost two months old when I got them, and they're 9 and a half years old now, but every once in a while, one will look at the other as if to say, WHO is THAT? And WHY is he on your lap?


So, I'm typing with a cat on my lap. It's easier than when he lies on the table, next to the keyboard, and occasionally stretches and hits the keyboard and makes the computer do something I don't even know how to do. (Does anyone know what, on the number pad end, makes Firefox reopen the last closed tab? He did that last night, and I'm damned if I know how.)

I just ran into one of my neighbors in the hall, coming in, and she said that the weather is miserable out (we're getting heavy rain and wind, remnants of that storm Noel). I could see that by looking, but it's nice to have confirmation that today was a good day to stay in and do laundry.

Yes, more laundry today, and probably tomorrow too. I have of course done laundry in the last few months, but I haven't been 100% caught up in longer than I care to think about. You know, that peaceful feeling when the only dirty clothes in the house are the ones you're wearing? I think that after I finish five or six loads today, I'll take the night off from it, and do the rest tomorrow. By then, it's mostly sheets and towels and blankets, which I still want to do, but I don't want to fall asleep in the middle of the Bruins game tonight either, and all those stairs do add up. I'll spare you the math: it's 12 flights of stairs for one load, plus four flights per additional load when done sequentially. So the 28 or 32 flights of stairs should be enough for today, I think. Not a bad workout, especially since half of them involve carrying clothes: not a great weight, but better than no workout at all.

And, since I joined NaBloPoMo yesterday, I'll be posting tomorrow! That's National Blog Posting Month, in case you haven't seen it around as I have. It's inspired by the National Novel Writing Month idea, and involves posting to your blog every day in November (well, I'm not posting to your blog, I'm posting to mine, but pronouns aside, you get the idea). The motto is, "Let's all post until the Internet explodes". I'm in!

I have to put the badge up here, but maybe tomorrow. When I have Pan on my lap at the computer, I have to have my feet on tiptoes to keep the lap level so that he doesn't slide off, and my feet are going to sleep. The things we do for love.

No comments:

Post a Comment