Friday, November 30, 2007

Happy and Thoughtful

Friday always makes me happy, and today being November 30th is making me introspective, since it is the end of NaBloPoMo, the 30th day of my self-imposed daily posting.

I didn't think it would be terrible, trying to post every day, since I do blog most days anyway, but in fact I had very little trouble doing it. I thought that I would have at least the occasional fit of "oh, no, I haven't blogged yet" and/or "whatever will I blog about today", but in fact, neither was true. There were certainly a few days when I wouldn't have blogged simply because it takes time, and some nights I wanted to get into bed already. And there were a few instances of mild cudgeling of brain cells for "what happened today that I want to write about", but it never got dramatic (or melodramatic). I'm rather pleased about that. I'll have to get an "I did it!" badge sometime, but I probably wouldn't have done it tonight even if their site wasn't overwhelmed. Sometime.

And although I know I don't "have to" write tomorrow, I still may. I still have plenty to say.

In fact, if I'd had my camera with me while shopping tonight, I would be blogging about the extremely strange and to my eyes ugly Bruins cap I saw. But alas, no camera.

Anyway, I challenged myself, I did it, and so that means one of two things: I should challenge myself more often, or I should rest now!

1 comment:

  1. I'm envious of your blogging stamina. I used to blog much more frequently than now. And I've enjoyed reading your comments.

    btw - great picture of the "book tree" - that's the sort of tree I would love - no taking it down!

    ReplyDelete