Sunday, November 04, 2007

More cats, more laundry

Laundry success! Other than the sheets currently on the bed, which I will change if the bed is ever cat-free for more than 30 seconds, everything is clean. Whew!

Poor Harold was on the bed earlier, though I didn't know it until I whisked an afghan off and found I had uncovered him. He didn't even wake up right away! I left the room, stifling giggles, then looked back to see him, head up, wondering what happened. Wait, I was warm and snuggled and now I'm not... I found another blanket to cover him with, and he went back to sleep, but I did feel bad about it, a little.

Then there was Pan, who rediscovered the mirror once there weren't piles of laundry in front of it. He finds it fascinating: clearly, it is another room, but he can't find the way in. What's the trick to it? He can't figure it out. Look right...


Look up...


But I can't get past that cat, he's always in the way!


Perhaps if I think about it some more ... there has to be a way in!

Sometimes he looks behind the frame, too. I suppose I'm lucky he hasn't tried to get back there, and knocked it over. Somehow I feel that the 7 years of bad luck would slide right off a cat, and mightn't it end up on me?

Which I can't afford, though sometimes it feels like I've already been hit with some and just didn't notice the broken mirror. My head isn't too bad right now, though it isn't really good either. It was bad when I woke up yesterday, but gradually cleared. I wasn't happy to wake up to more of the damned sinus pressure today, but I'm hoping it will clear up again. Hope springs eternal!

I did get the six loads of laundry done yesterday, and made apple crisp (even though I didn't have vanilla ice cream in the house, which is so good with it), and made the rest of the apples into sauce ... not a bad day, overall, even if the Bruins did lose. Hopefully they will get revenge on Ottawa tonight, in the second half of the home-and-home. It would help if they would stop taking so many penalties; Ottawa got all three goals on the power play, so let's learn that lesson, please!

Finally, here's a gratuitous cat snuggle photo, just because they were so cute last night.

2 comments:

  1. Awwwwwwwwww... Man, I love good cat photos. Love, love, love. Feeling a sincere lack of kitty snuggles over here now. But I can look at pictures - thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of my cats likes curling up under blankets, too. Sometimes I sit on her because I don't know she's there.

    ReplyDelete