Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Peas and yarn, and ... yawn

Sorry I'm late tonight. I ran some errands after work (more on that in a minute), and then do you know how long it takes to turn this:


into this:


Well, more or less into that. I ate maybe a quarter of them as I was shelling them. I'd have to have a gun to my head, and maybe more than one, to shell peas without eating some as I went along. Yum, yum, yum. Hello, dinner! This is what I mean when I say that I love peas. Exhibit A. That's 2.78 pounds before shelling (you don't eat the pods with English peas). I didn't weight them after, since that would involve not eating them as I went along; a full bowl, anyway. [I suppose I could weigh the pods, but do I actually care that much? It's a lot.]

So, first errand was the Knitting Room in Arlington to show Jackie the sweaters and hats. She confirmed what I'd thought, which is that the hats will fit (and be outgrown) before the sweaters do, but that's okay, I can make more hats very easily: I like hats, hats are simple. I don't want to make more before the shower (i.e., Sunday), but I can make them more when they're toddlers, no trouble.

I'd also gone in to pick up a gift for a knitting friend, but nothing was grabbing me for her. Meanwhile, there was this yarn ... I picked it up in one spot and said nice colors! Then in another spot I picked up a skein and said nice colors! And it was the same yarn. In the end, I bought some. I didn't need yarn, but need isn't the word to use, of course, plus it was on sale. I'm a sucker for a sale. And look at the colors:


Too pretty to pass up. Even better in person. I'm thinking a little lap blanket, but we'll see.

Is someone in here saying, "You're getting sleepy?" Because I sure am. I feel certain there was more I was going to talk about, but ... I'm getting sleepy. Perhaps it will come back to me.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, peas and yarn and successful UFO's! Of course you're tired, you've been mighty huntressing!

    You've always gotta buy yarn that leaps out at you and says, "Nice colors!" It's a rule. And those are some darned nice colors, oh yeah.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooh! pretty! nice and soft to touch, yes?

    pretty peas, too. :-)

    I am all lower-case tonight after waking up from a long migraine recovery nap. Look! It doesn't hurt! purrrrr.........

    ReplyDelete