Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Have a flower, nice reader?

As promised, the flower pictures from recent weeks get their own post, separate from yesterday's inordinately long catching-up-from-vacation posting. I don't know when I turned into someone who can't pass a flower without photographing it, but that seems to be what's happened. I mean, really, look at this!

This lot was taken at a friend's house on Sunday, when we were there for a Father's Day cookout (they have lovely gardens, and before you ask, I don't know what any of them are, but if you really need to know, I can find out):












There was lots of nature at Plimoth Plantation, too, which isn't surprising. This first one is my favorite; it looks like an organic version of a firework going off, boom:











And the last, lone entry, from the Public Garden in Boston, just because it's cool (and also kind of like a firework, really):


Tomorrow I believe there will be a return to More Words, but the photos simply had to pop out.

3 comments:

  1. I actually recognize most of those flowers! The last one is an alium and after it blooms it looks like a gigantic dandelion gone to seed, but it isn't as delicate and soft. But HUGE.

    Plimoth is on my list of "to visit" places. Your comments and images are added incentive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, all of your flower pictures are gorgeous! I don't have any idea what most of them are, but love them all. I don't think I could pick one favorite! Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I recognize a magnolia; the rose, of course; and possibly some pinks further down, but the rest? No idea, they're just fantastically beautiful! Thanks for so much lovely eyecandy in one post! Enjoyed it greatly.

    ReplyDelete