Tuesday, June 05, 2007

The 95% Unpacked Survey

I've taken an informal survey in the last week or so, as I've been getting ready for my first house guests since I moved, and it seems I'm not the only person who, when moving, unpacks about 95% and somehow ends up leaving the last bit undone until something like this happens. I was so good about getting unpacked and settling in at first, and then, that last bit just hasn't gotten done, you know? And now?

"Oh, someone else is going to be spending time here, can I make it look better than it usually does?" Why are my standards higher when others are involved than for just myself? Who am I trying to impress?

Or, more likely, who am I trying to kid?

I've been getting my office slash guest room to take on its guest room persona, and the cats were much perplexed by the changeover.

This was not here before ... you can see how disturbed I am.

It actually looks pretty good, though, if I do say so. Not luxury accommodations, but not bad. Some day I'll get a foldout bed or sleeper sofa or something, but for now it's cheap airbed, baby, and not a lot of floor space around it either. But you know, they're coming to see me, to spend time with me, and to visit Boston, and we'll have fun. We'll reminisce about boarding school (ye gods, over 20 years ago), and we'll wander hither and yon (oh, definitely yon), and the excellent thing about being visited by cat people is that they aren't surprised by a little cat hair (or even more than a little, god forbid). So I'm trying to be relaxed, and we'll have fun.

I'll be able to post tomorrow, if I think of anything blog-worthy ;) but after that it will totally depend on how the wind blows. I'm just saying, if I go silent, don't be surprised. I'll be back. Have fun, kids!

2 comments:

  1. Have fun with your guests. I love it when company comes. (Well, at least certain company . . . the ones that really love me! lol)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete