Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Let's talk about something else

Overnight I lost two green pepper plants to the miniature beast, so the garden is losing its appeal as a subject for me to think about, let alone photograph and blog about. If I see that chipmunk again ... but let's talk about something else, shall we?

On Sunday, in the midst of my laundry marathon (for a brief, shining moment, I was All Caught Up), I washed first the baby hats, and when that was successful, the sweaters. They did not, of course, revert to piles of yarn in the machines. I knew they wouldn't, but with my very first sweaters ever, I somehow couldn't help worrying. But nope, they came out looking like sweaters: it's a miracle! Knit sweaters out of machine-washable yarn, wash them in the machine, and they survive. Who would have thought? I'm now ready for the shower this weekend. I do want to swing by the Knitting Room this week and show Jackie, since she's seen the sweaters but not the hats. Maybe tomorrow night, maybe Thursday. While I'm over that way, I could go to Wilson's and buy peas (sob), they should have their own by now.

Actually, I retract that sob, I never thought my little row of pea plants would keep me satisfied. I buy a pound of peas at a time in season, and have them raw for dinner. I love peas. Note to self: let's not be melodramatic.

And let's talk about something else. In fact, let's look at something else. The cats have been fooling around with the computer, apparently, since they have brought to my attention how long it's been since cat photos have graced the blog (I suppose I should be flattered that they read my blog, though I suspect they're just checking to see what I say about themselves). I looked back and they're right, of course, it has been a while. So have some felinity. Pan "helps" me make the bed:


When the bedspread is puffed up, that's when the tail-catching is the best.


The cello pose is a hard one to maintain.

Harold didn't get all the way under the blanket, giving himself an interesting dreadlock effect with the fringe.


Pan really likes a good catnip pillow. Sometimes you lick it, sometimes you kick it...

And sometimes you rest on it like the king of all you survey.

2 comments:

  1. Awwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!! Kittiieeeess!

    Yep, cat pix are just as good as yarn pix for soothing the slings and arrows of-- You know. That thing we're not going to mention.

    ReplyDelete