Monday, April 01, 2024

Library: Fail and Succeed

I finished my strong reading month* of March with another win, a Sharon Shinn fantasy novel called Troubled Waters, which I very much enjoyed. 
*I finished 20 books in March, of which only 8 were re-reads. A whole dozen books I liked enough to finish! 

I looked it up and was pleased to find that it's the first of a series, but was less pleased to discover that my local library carried books 1, 3, and 4. Where is book 2??

Fortunately, I recently renewed my reciprocal borrowing from the library system north of us (I love that I can borrow from them, but you have to renew it every January, which is kind of a pain). And as it turns out, they have book 2 in both physical and e-copy. I got it electronically, which is much easier as it doesn't require a trip up (it's an hour to the nearest branch) to get the physical book and then another trip to return it. 

I requested the physical copies of 3 and 4 from "my" library as well. Then it will be back to the farther library, electronically speaking, for book 5, which just came out last year. So much fun to look forward to!

5 comments:

  1. What fun to find a series you like! Although I'm reading a huge book by Robert Galbraith, I can't stay away from Book #2 of the Brighton mysteries by Elly Griffiths.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you found the book! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that I am lucky enough to have access to a university library system. I have only ever truly not been able to find a handful of books.

    Also, it's an HOUR to your nearest library branch? AN HOUR? I would have to move.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, no, not to my nearest one! To the nearest of the other library system's branches. "My" library is about 5 minutes away.

      Delete