Wednesday, April 10, 2024

I Bought a Thing

I was in the city yesterday, on a little adventure I'll tell you about later, and I had a nice browse around an interesting store that was full of stuff. And things. Furniture and linens and lamps and pillows, and jewelry and candles and doors and just things.

And I bought a thing. A thing with, or of, shell.

Hard to get a sense of scale, isn't it? Here it is with my hand.
So it's large! For a shell, anyway. And the side is sparkly shell.
And the bottom is more of the same. So pretty!
And it opens up! To hold who knows what.
Because no, I don't know what I'll put in it. But I had to have it.

Wouldn't you?

4 comments:

  1. I can see its attraction for you, especially since you live in a beachy place.

    For me, however, the answer would be no. I just got done clearing away all kinds of Sitting Around Things, and I'm not a beachy person. But you will enjoy that pretty shell trinket box. What will you put in it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure! For now, I'm just going to enjoy looking at it.

      Delete
  2. Abalone? We were given a half an abalone shell and I love it. It's a great little dish for small things and it's beautiful. So glad you got it!

    ReplyDelete