Wednesday, February 15, 2023

Hawaii, Day Post-Two: CA to FL, and Home

The end of the trip at last! Many, many cat photos from the last day.

I was flying out at night, so I spent the day at my brother's; he was working, but had time to chat between calls.

The cats continued their luggage supervision tasks. What, like having a bath on top of a suitcase doesn't count?


Baths were also had on the airbed.

I spent the day on the couch, mostly, trying to lure a cat onto my lap. Not just because I like cats, but because:
Have I mentioned that my brother's house doesn't have heat? Yeah. Kind of nippy in there. (He's been trying to get it put in for a few years now, can't get a contractor to call him back.)

He gave me a space heater for overnight, and there is a room heater in the living room, seen in the background here, and it did help! But, you know, couldn't call it tropical in there.
Full of cute, though!
Half-deflated airbed, or feline trampoline? Tomayto, tomahto.


Cat on floating shelf in living room, washing.
Strike a pose.
So good at that.
Judging me.


Success! Cat napping on lap!
I was amused to see my brother has kept this memento from a long-ago game we went to. 
I just looked it up: it was in 1988! My, how time flies.

I'm not the only bookworm in my family.
Himself deigned to consider getting on my lap.
But only stayed briefly.
The chair is more comfortable, apparently.
Cats will be cats.
Later he came along and settled next to my legs. 
Then one of the littles came back for a bath and another nap on the lap.
Another floating-shelf bath.
Stretching out.

Conked out!

Nice tail curl.
"Are you still here?"
From the back, with her ears being a different color than the top of her head, she looks kind of like she's wearing a wig.
Lick.
Looking thoughtful.
The babies on the back of the desk, supervising Dad at work.
Stretching out, lap-adjacent.
A suitcase makes a nice bed.
Lap again, yay.
Enjoying a chin scritch.
"Is this still here?"


After work ended, we gathered up my things and took the bus to the Bart station, where my brother pointed me to where to go: take that escalator, it goes all the way down, and get the train that says SFO. Easy!

Getting around the airport wasn't quite so easy--it's so big, and I was so tired--but eventually, I was on the plane and heading out. Another full flight, unfortunately, and as I mentioned in the re-entry summary, I had trouble sleeping. But all things end, and eventually, we were flying in to Lauderdale as the sun was thinking about rising.
And once I was home again, Maggie conducted the final suitcase inspection of the trip.
Home!

2 comments:

  1. You had me laughing out loud several times there.

    I hope Joe or someone else out here can help him with the heat!

    ReplyDelete