Tuesday, February 07, 2023

Where Were We? Ah, Hawaii, Day Six

Day Six was Tuesday, my last full day in Hawaii. The weather started out with some pretty blue skies.

Then it got overcast, and the forecast for the afternoon was grim. The weather was a lot more grey than I had been expecting, so my mood was a little grim too.
But then it got sunny again! So unexpected.
I ran up to Kona Stories to get more fabulous toffee to take home, and discovered that they didn't just have the one cat I had seen on the previous visit, they had (at least) three!


None of whom were feeling social. Oh well. Not their fault I was missing my Maggie.

Back at the rental, I sat outside to read, and saw this little guy running up a pipe.
There were some clouds, but the blue sky did not go away, and I got to sit in the sun, and be warm! It was lovely.
Not in every direction, but that's okay.
Little yellow birds in the grass. (As with all the photos, click on them to see them bigger.)
Some clouds, but that makes for a more interesting sunset.
The light on the water.





A flower in the parking lot near Huggo's, where we had dinner. 
And watched the sunset, the best one of my visit.
The surf crashing in on the other side.





Here comes the sun.




And down it goes for real.


I didn't see the green flash this time.




But the color in the clouds, and on the water, continued spectacular.


The food was really good, too; I had the teriyaki steak, which had a delicious flavor, and then this amazing thing for dessert.
The menu describes it thusly:
Layers of coconut cream, coconut cake and Hawaiian Haupia, whipped cream and more shredded and toasted coconut
I would say it's like a fresh, fancy, delicious version of a Pepperidge Farm Coconut Cake (which was always my birthday choice when I was a kid). No knock on PF, but this was amazing.

Finally, it was time to go home and organize my packing, to leave in the morning. Sigh. More travel.

3 comments:

  1. Oh, those palm trees! Glorious!!! I love Hawaii so much. That sunset, too. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Instant ear worm and smile on my face: here comes the sun, indeed! Thank you!

    That dessert looks like I need to book a flight to Hawaii to find out for myself.

    And Maggie is adorable. It must be great to have each other back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an absolutely gorgeous sunset! I'm so jealous of your trip!

    ReplyDelete