Monday, September 19, 2022

Anticipation

You know I love to have things to look forward to, so I'm happy to say that I have plans! I'm going up to Boston at the end of October, just a quick weekend trip for a welcome-back party for a friend whose government job has had her working in DC, Uganda, Italy, and Canada in recent years, but who can finally get back to Massachusetts and be near her family again.

Our mutual friend told me about when the party was going to be, in hopes that I could get up there for it, and I'm happy to say that JetBlue had fares that used up less than half of the points I have stored up with them. That's my second trip this year that I'm only paying taxes on, nice! It makes the "I really don't like flying these days" a bit less painful than it would be if accompanied by sticker shock (what my brother is paying to get here for Christmas is criminal).

Now, the end of October is right at my limit of when I will travel to the frozen north--my blood thinned the day I moved to Florida, basically--and I'm sitting here thinking, "Long sleeves! Sweaters, sweatshirts, layers. Jacket, and what about long underwear? Gloves and a scarf. No tank tops or capris: I'll need jeans and socks and closed shoes." It's so weird to think about! We haven't been able to turn the air conditioning off here yet, the temps are still in the 80s, feels-like 90s and humid. This is going to be a shock. Expect to hear much more whining about it as time goes on.

The next thing I started to think about was knitting. Will I have my mojo back? I've been working away on my cousin's shawl, but it's already too big and awkward to be travel knitting, and will only be more so by the time I leave. So, just socks? Or something else? I guess we'll see.

Let's end on a Maggie note.

I call this, "Surely you don't need to get up."

3 comments:

  1. Have a great trip!

    By the way: I was hacked last night and my mail is down. I can respond to old messages but can't get any new ones. Gmail seems to be just fine, so, spindyeknit at that one over there works, and sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for fun travel plans! And lounging cats. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a great trip! This week I transitioned to socks and boots, and sweaters as well!

    ReplyDelete