Wednesday, September 28, 2022

We're Fine!

Stressed, yes. Brain-dead, yes. But on the "all roads are impassible from flooding" island, no we are not. We left yesterday* for a motel in the Miami area, me and Mom and Maggie, and here we sit for a few days, waiting for the water to go down and see how things stand. Like power in the building. And oh by the way, the motor in our air conditioner at home died yesterday, when can they get us a new one? Yeah, yesterday was A DAY.

*Just a simple drive that should have been about two hours being three and a half due to the traffic and the rain, which was godawful at times.

Can't manage much more than that tonight, but didn't want you to worry. We're fine.

"What is going on? Humph. I disapprove."



5 comments:

  1. So glad you're safe! Stay that way, and pet hello to Maggie for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm happy you're off the island and send wishes that you all stay dry, well and as happy as possible in the circumstances. Thanks for posting - we're not Facebook friends so I figured if you hadn't updated the blog I'd send a note. Give Maggie a rub for me, please.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you're safe, thanks for checking in.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, traveling with a cat is so stressful for everyone. I'm glad you're doing well and I hope you stay safe!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So grateful you and your mom and kitty are safe. Hoping for the best and swiftest outcome for your home. xxoo

    ReplyDelete