Thursday, April 22, 2021

Vaccinated!

This time, the bandage was a regular one, not red. But it covers the shot site just as well, and I got a drink from Starbucks to celebrate being vaccinated. Because this is a thing to celebrate!

While I respect people's deciding for themselves if they are ready to be vaccinated, I can't say I understand ti when they don't. I told the woman working the drive-through what I was celebrating and she seemed pleased for me, then said she wasn't sure for herself. Working with the public all day, and you could get one, but you don't? No, I don't understand that. But I hope that in time she will decide to get it, and so will lots of other people.

And until then, I am at least vaccinated myself. Which feels wondrous. Two weeks from now, it will be complete coverage, and I am so excited. To go into a store and just wander around. To have my (vaccinated) friend visit, and then my (vaccinated) brother! To start planning travel of my own.

To relax, at least a little.

1 comment: