Sunday, April 25, 2021

Around and About

Saturday was not quite so bad as Friday had been in terms of energy*, happily, since I had lunch plans with some knitting friends. We had a nice, no-rush lunch on the patio at PF Chang's and hung out for a while, knitting, and it was very pleasant. Kind of normal, while still thinking things like "most of us are vaccinated now" and "plus it was outside!"

*Still sore/swollen under the arm, but apparently swollen lymph nodes are not uncommon after the vaccine, and nothing to worry about, so that's good.

After lunch, I stopped in at Bass Pro Shops to get some bug repellent, since we're going to do dinner on the beach when my friend visits, and I don't want to get bitten again. I'm not that familiar with the store, so I asked a couple of employees where I could find bug spray, and they said it was upstairs in camping, but there were a few kinds down by the cash registers, so we started over there. I explained what I needed, and they looked at the labels to be sure I got what I wanted. The very nice man assured me that this kind would work for "gee-nats"--I wasn't at all sure what he meant, but he pointed to the spot on the label.

See? Gnats. I don't know how I kept a straight face.

While I was out, the car hit a milestone: 65,000 miles!

Today I did a little more in the ongoing project of clearing out unused things: to weed, or not to weed, there is no question. Weed! I have made a good deal of progress in various areas, but usually I finish working on a messy spot, think how great it looks now, and then realize I didn't take a 'before' photo before I got started. So when I went to straighten out this part of my closet today, I made sure to do that.

This is where I keep sweaters (mostly not hand-knit) and other layers for cool days, on the right, and hand-knits, mostly shawls, on the left. It had gotten rather messy.

I decided that the shawls needed some more space, and I pulled things out and rearranged. I actually only got rid of one sweater, but just tidying it made a big difference.
There are areas where I've gotten rid of more things, but the end result feels the same: satisfaction at increasing the usable space. That's the goal, and I'm making progress.

1 comment:

  1. Looks beautiful! And man, doesn't it feel good. I need to do more of that myself.

    ReplyDelete