Sunday, April 11, 2021

Grass. Not That Kind.

Cat grass! Any other cat people grow grass for their cats to nibble?

I had read about it somewhere, as something that cats enjoy, and that can be good for their digestion. Since Maggie sometimes throws up, I decided to try her on it. See if she liked it, see if it helped. While I can't say it's helped much, she does seem to enjoy it, so I keep planting more for her.

The first time, I bought a kit at Petsmart, and then once she gave it the okay, I bought another, and more seed, as well as a pot to grow it in.

I rotate between pots, and try to keep up with it, so she doesn't have to go without (yes, she is very spoiled, I know). Here is just-planted, planted last week, and growing fine (and slightly chewed on).

They don't look that appealing to me, personally.

But then, I'm not the target audience. 
 
She ignores it.
She poses near it.
Demonstrating that the original instructions to let them sprout in the dark bring some yellow grass, compared to not hiding it in the closet.
But it still tastes good!
Any of it, all of it!
She's a fan.

1 comment:

  1. I was wondering where someone would package their item in big letters as GROSS. You have to squint to see that's an a!

    Anything green and growing is a good thing anyway. Houseplant! I love seeing the stages from pot to grass.

    ReplyDelete