Tuesday, April 27, 2021

Murderbot Day!

And what wonderful sci-fi book comes out today? Why, that would be Fugitive Telemetry! More Murderbot!


This was supposed to be where I put a photo of the book in my actual hand, but Barnes & Noble let me down: I pre-ordered it a few months ago, but they didn't get it in today! Can you imagine? I know it's a long time since I worked there, but on-sale dates are very common and you can't tell me that this isn't a big enough book for them to make sure they get it in time. 

Humph. At least Audible came through for me. I'll have more on the book/series another day.

Meanwhile, I was filling out paperwork for a medical visit (I'm trying PT for my back), and was much struck by this:

Who indeed? That is the question.

5 comments:

  1. I wish somebody would be financially responsible for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Murderbot is the best! I'm immediately going to the library website to put a hold on it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the Murderbot reminder! At your suggestion last year I picked up the first book, then completely burned through the whole series. Each book is waaaay to short, IMO, all left me wanting MORE MURDERBOT!

    Imma put a hold on that baby right now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know that Big South American River did not order enough books to cover all the pre-orders because they didn't believe it, and then when they came up way short they changed the publishing date to one in the future, which was false (not to mention they'd already been shipping copies) so that people wouldn't go order from someone else instead. It was quite the eye-opener as an author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Obvious clarification added: that was re my book.

    ReplyDelete